Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remembering 9/11; Dusting Off "The Third Jihad"

As ISIS carries out its savagery across Iraq and Syria, Western citizens have increasingly become aware, at least very generally, of the situation. They appear to be concerned of the threat posed (finally). The poll numbers show it.

I am happy to welcome these people into my camp. I have some marshmallows for them to roast around my campfire. But, before we squish the gooey goodness onto the chocolate bar, I have one question for them: where the fuck have you been?

A few American journalists recently have their heads lopped off on video, and the serfs are suddenly surprised? 'How could this happen?'...they say.

I'll tell you how we got to this point. Lopping off of heads tends to be a problematic thing in the Islamist world. In fact, there was a string of events that happened over almost a decade of conflict in Iraq: foreign worker executions. Hundreds of them.

Where were the serfs and the poll numbers when hundreds of third country national (TCN) workers were being executed in Iraq from 2003 onward? Many of those executed were Filipino, Sri Lankan, or Nepalese truck drivers - who are some the best and most humble dudes you'll ever meet.

But those good dudes got the same orange jumpsuit treatment, and the same barbaric manner of death as our American journalists in 2014. Why not a mega-uproar then, back in the early days?

Are we really that political as a society? Answer: yes.

Are we really that umbilically tied to mainstream media, who gives us selective, low-information reporting? Answer: yes.

I'll tell you where I was in the early days: It was February 2005. I was just south of Baghdad. My squad and I were taking the home of a Iraqi male and flipping it upside down. Said Iraqi male was a suspicious looking fuckstick. I had found his jack-off video in a bedroom drawer. The video showed about a dozen Filipino workers getting their heads lopped off one by one. I was watching him smirk when we played the video in order to qualify what kind of guy he was. Then, I was slamming his head into the wall and kneeing him in the peroneal nerve, cuffing him, and taking him back to base for questioning.

What were the serfs doing in the same time-frame? Playing fantasy football? Reading Cosmo on the elliptical? Talking at Starbucks about how the United States brought the war on terror on ourselves?

Pause. Take a deep breath.

It is no matter what the serfs were doing then. Whomever is with me around the campfire at the present moment is welcome. I'll even teach my new guests how to shoot - and shoot well - all for a low low price of $free.99. But to understand islamism, they'd better have an attention-span above that of a second grader.

Let's back up. Before even coming to see me, they'd better pass by the front desk of the campground to trade their politically-correct ramblings in exchange for some critical thinking skills where there are no limits on free speech. If they they show up without having completely shed their adult-child persona, I will be forced to torture them (first-world-style) by giving them a latte with lactose in it (after all, I am not ISIS).

End rant on the dangerously low expectations society has for American adult-children when it comes to current events knowledge.

As we remember the victims of 9/11, let us also remember that folks (other than the elliptical Cosmo readers) that have kept the torch of true enlightenment lit since 9/11. They've authored all kinds of educational videos and books in an effort to sound a warning of the coming threat of islamism. They have loads of critical thinking skills, tremendous maturity, humility, and, I might add, a large amount of courage. The real kind.

Today, my thoughts turn towards those true Patriots, the ones who've seen it as their duty to stand guard against the threat posed by islamists, and who repeatedly articulate their knowledge publicly. Zuhdi Jasser, Frank Gaffney, Aayan Hirsi Ali, and Nonie Darwish immediately come to mind. And there are others. To all these folks, I say thank you.

Let us remember that the full length below, The Third Jihad, was made in 2008, while Obama was pre-writing his 2009 Cairo speech.


No comments:

Post a Comment